Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 25: Bun in the oven? Make that a whole loaf!

Major milestone today:  This afternoon, while Bryan and I were picking out fruit in the Strip, a woman tapped me on the shoulder, smiled broadly, and said, "You're not supposed to eat the cantaloupe whole, you know!"

I have to admit, not being accustomed to strangers approaching me about my pregnancy, it took me a moment to realize she was not accusing me of stealing.  Fortunately, everything became clear when she told me I looked adorable, and I hope she saw me beaming through my initial confusion.

Today, Archimedes is 25 weeks young.  Our books tell us he or she now has fully formed finger tips and nostrils.  As Bryan was quick to point out, hopefully Archie is not already in the habit of using said finger tips to explore said nostrils, though exploration of his or her environment is supposedly a major item on this week's agenda.  (In fact, the books also point out that such a coordinated feat would still require a good deal of luck since the nerve connections to Archie's hands remain a work in progress.)  What I find most surprising is the rate at which our precious darling's growing:  already a pound and a half this week (is our best guess) and about the size of a loaf of bread!  Cantaloupe, schmantaloupe, Lady, we're way past fruit metaphors now!

No comments:

Post a Comment