Saturday, April 28, 2012

Meant to be?

The topic of fate has come up frequently in our search for a home.  Over the last few months, we've heard a lot of "you'll find the home that's meant for you" and "that house just wasn't meant to be"-type advice.  I don't really buy that kind of hocus pocus, but I have to admit that Bryan and I both thought it was a funny coincidence when we learned the name of the wireless network at the home we're currently under contract to buy:  Archimedes!

Meant to be?  Well, I don't know about that.  But we certainly feel much more optimistic about this place than we did the last one, and if such an unlikely coincidence does happen to be a good omen for us and our future there, well, I'm totally fine with that.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I believe in fate either, but I do think it is fun to think that somehow you've been guided to where you are, with who you're with. But seriously, what are the odds that Archimedes would be the wifi name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the comments I made weren't, in my mind, centered around fate. Just my own belief that life brings you what you need if you deserve it. As I know you have worked hard to deserve it, I had no doubt what you needed would come! I'm pretty sure it did, too :)

    ReplyDelete