For those of you not keeping up with our recent home-buying
adventures on Facebook, let me just summarize by saying that they have
been Stressful, with a capital "S". Actually, make that STRESSFUL, all
caps. Compared to this current nightmare, both our first home purchase
and recent home sale were complete cakewalks.
Anyway,
the latest news on the home-buying front is that our scheduled
closing--4pm yesterday--was postponed--a fact which, naturally, we
learned via a phone call at 4:56pm. Potentially maddening, right?
The
good news is that we didn't have to wait long to feel our spirits
cheered. At about the same time we received that phone call, Bryan and I
were lying on the bed, reading The Hobbit--one of Baby's favorite
activities by the kick-o-meter--when for the first time we actually got
to witness some kicking in action! Yes, we saw (what I'm guessing was) a
foot poke my skin and zip right across my belly button. And then it
happened again and again! Baby apparently did not take kindly to Bilbo
and the dwarves' violent kidnapping by goblins in the Misty Mountains.
(At least that's how I'm going to read it. "Psycho baby rejoices at
goblin victory" reads less desirably.)
But here's the real "kicker": at one point, I placed
by hand on my belly and felt, right up against my skin and to my great
surprise, the bony protrusion of a tiny baby leg. It stuck around long
enough for Bryan to feel it, too, and then, presumably tired of being
prodded, retreated into the depths of its baby cave.
I have to admit, it's very hard to stay in a bad mood following your first game of fetal tag. I just cannot get enough of these simple surprises and pleasures as we get to know this growing person!
No comments:
Post a Comment