That's right! Baby has ears! At least one anyway. Isn't that something??
I think our ultrasound technicians are becoming a bit desperate in their quest to provide us with exciting mementos each time we attend one of these appointments. They say that the best pics are captured around 18-20 weeks, when the baby is grown enough to have discernible baby-like features but space in the womb is not yet at such a premium that cramped arms and legs are inevitably blocking all views of Baby's little face. Since we've had relatively a lot of ultrasounds, we've had ample opportunity to test the validity of this rumor, and my advice to other moms-to-be is be sure to go for that 18-20 week ultrasound on schedule! We spent a large portion of this appointment (after the necessary measurements were taken), failing to get a good pic thanks to Baby's two arms and two feet, all four of which Baby had placed (rather stubbornly) in front of his or her face. Luckily, our very patient ultrasound tech finally managed to capture one shot in profile:
I call it "The Thinker" because that's Baby's little fist curled up at its chin.
(By the way, I'm no longer convinced Baby has my nose and not Bryan's. What do you think?)
(By the way, I'm no longer convinced Baby has my nose and not Bryan's. What do you think?)
Readers, I have one more treat for you today:
Here, you can listen to Baby's heartbeat. For those who might be curious: I recorded this simply by placing my iPhone mic up against my belly. It took a lot of patience and experimentation, but once I found the heartbeat, not only could I capture it through the mic, but Bryan was actually able to hear it directly just by putting his ear to the right spot!
Here, you can listen to Baby's heartbeat. For those who might be curious: I recorded this simply by placing my iPhone mic up against my belly. It took a lot of patience and experimentation, but once I found the heartbeat, not only could I capture it through the mic, but Bryan was actually able to hear it directly just by putting his ear to the right spot!


I really have a hard time seeing anything in an ultrasound. Maybe you can sore me next time I visit :)
ReplyDelete