Thursday, March 22, 2012

Introductions

Allow me to introduce you to the newest light of my life:  Archimedes.  At least, Archimedes is his or her fetal name.  Though, if you ask, we might insist that'll be the permanent name.  "We'll call him (her) Archie for short," we'll say, while you politely smile and nod (surprisingly, responses to this suggestion have been fairly positive).  In any case, for now, Archie it is.

These days Archie is a little over twenty weeks old--just past the official halfway point of our pregnancy.  We cannot believe how quickly time is passing.  Why, I still remember when Archie was just a little blastocyst, blessing me with daily nausea and hyperactive tear ducts.  Fortunately, the second trimester has been much more pleasant than the first, and now when I swoon it's not because of an undesirably heightened sense of smell but rather because I can't get over the awesome feeling of Archimedes tickling me from inside or because Archie is just way too cute for words in the latest sonogram.

Speaking of which, here are a couple of pictures of Archimedes at about 19 weeks.  What did I tell you?  Superbly adorable.  Frankly, I'm still in near-disbelief that this little darling is growing inside me.







No comments:

Post a Comment