Archimedes is on the move!
At twenty-one weeks, we already have a real wriggler on our hands. Kicks. Punches. What seems like a ridiculous number of hiccups. Rumor has it that the extent of these early movements can be reflective of our child's later personality, which leads me to the question: ought I be worried? Are we looking forward to a fidgety little rascal with Energizer bunny tendencies? (And is it okay for me to admit that I was hoping for more of a quiet bookworm?)
Truth be told, though, I'm delighted by our baby's increasingly frequent antics. Archie's hiccups make me giggle (they actually tickle). And the strengthening kicks and punches arrive like unexpected valentines. I can't get over how fun and surprising and awesome each of these little interactions is. And now that Bryan can feel the occasional kick from the outside, too, our evenings are taking on the quaint character of a family game night: Mom and Dad and Junior all exchanging high fives.
A little lame, maybe, but from this lame mom's perspective also totally cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment