Monday, September 23, 2013

Jonah's Gym Class

I'm going to continue to postpone elaborating on our recent Northeast road trip for a while yet.  (Most of the photos are on a no-wifi camera, and I haven't yet had a chance to download them to my computer--cumbersome antiquated technology!)  Instead, to keep things interesting, we'll fast-forward to the more recent past, in which Jonah started his incredibly fun and entertaining toddler gym class.

Every week, Jonah and I head to the gym to exercise and challenge his little toddler muscles (including that greedy sponge of a brain).  We jump and balance, climb and slide, hang and swing, and do all sorts of other things that I wouldn't have realized Jonah was capable of doing if his gym teacher hadn't suggested otherwise.  Jonah's favorite part of the class, though, is probably playing with the parachute at the end.  First, he plays on top of the billowing parachute, then he runs around underneath.  It's a giant giggle-fest.
 

Jonah prepares to launch, hanging onto rings.
 
Playing on the parachute.

Later we generally practice at the playground what we learned in gym class.  Here's a video of Jonah orienting himself and going down the slide all on is own at the playground:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment