| Jonah taking a stroll on a crisp autumn day. You can see he recently graduated from his stroller bassinet to his seat! |
On gloomy days, we might stay inside but take some of that opportunity to work on improving Jonah's upper body strength. I admit, I've been pretty terrible about giving him tummy time. (I figure that "tummy time" is likely an American--or at least First World--invention, and I've never heard of anyone outside our privileged sphere growing up with unusually floppy necks or useless arms for lack of this supposedly critical exercise. Combine my skepticism with the fact that Jonah hates tummy time, and you can see why it's a low-priority activity for us.) However, I recently discovered that J protests significantly less to tummy time if he's placed over a supportive Boppy--a discovery which has led to a marked increase in the amount of time we do spend on our tummies. "It can't hurt" is something I also figure.
| Jonah practices tummy time. We've found he tolerates tummy time a little better if we use the Boppy and keep him level with the goings-on around him. |
Outside of our daily routine, fall is a lovely time to have visitors, and we were fortunate enough to receive a quick visit from some old friends last week. Stacia and Dominic--two pals from my old DC days--stayed with us on their way through the Burgh over the weekend. We were excited to get a chance to swap "war stories" with this lovely couple, who are expecting their own familial addition in the not too distant future. We also used the opportunity of their visit to check out a never-before-visited (by us) Pittsburgh hotspot: the Coca Cafe in hip Lawrenceville. We've been meaning to try their lauded brunch for ages, but we had simply never gotten round to it. Well, consider that bucket list item checked, though now we're determined to go back again. Brunch was scrumptious!
| Jonah with Stacia, Dominic, and a "hidden" Baby K, outside Coca Cafe. |
By the way, today is Jonah's 3-month birthday! We've had an excellent first quarter, I must say. Happy birthday (of sorts), Jonah! We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment