Monday, November 12, 2012

14 Weeks

This week, following several months practice making a variety of vowel sounds, Jonah has finally started to venture into consonants.  Vowel sounds are still far more frequent, but it's nevertheless exciting to see him begin to experiment with incorporating his lips into his speech.

He's also started to grab things with a vengeance.  Like, really reach out and grab.  With vigor.

And his sense of humor continues to develop.  Lately, Jonah's started laughing to the sight of Mom mock falling, for instance.  Or he'll stick his fingers in Mom's mouth and crack up when her speech turns into a jumbled mess.  Admittedly, such physical humor may not be the most sophisticated of the humor varieties, but I'm more than a little surprised that, at only three months, Jonah's already catching on to it.

The only bad news to report at 14 weeks (and counting) is that Jonah's eagerness to explore space with his fingers doesn't end in Mom's mouth.  He's started to explore his own mouth so enthusiastically that he's been making himself gag and spit up.  I've read that this can be a sign of teething (though I'm guessing it's still too early) or of his body getting ready for solid foods (desensitizing his gag reflex--though I'm skeptical of this theory, too).  I'm sure it's a phase in any case, but I can't say I'm happy about this one.

Anyway, a few (somewhat random) cute photos to conclude this entry:


A rare example of the kind of fun
we sometimes have during tummy time.
Bath time, on the other
hand, is almost always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment