Jonah's schedule is nothing if not unpredictable, but last night he gave us a particularly big surprise: after (cheerfully) refusing to nap all morning (I was able to get him to take only a cumulative 45 minutes in naps between 7am and 3pm), he slept pretty much straight from 3pm until 5am this morning, waking only 1/2 hour to greet Daddy and occasionally (at reasonable intervals) to nurse.
Apparently, Jonah did not read the manual that says (1) infants should not be awake more than one or two hours at a time and (2) infants should not sleep more than four or five hours in a row.
I'm not complaining, though. In fact, I'm kind of celebrating. And we're already on track for a similar schedule today. Although, in a world where predictability is mere myth, using a term like "on track" might be a bit self-delusory!
No comments:
Post a Comment