The theme this week is vigilance.
These days, for instance, each new symptom (and even some old ones) seems to merit an internet search. Feeling unusually tired? I had better Google it because it might be a sign that labor is on its way. And those occasional cramps? Baby's just gotta be coming soon, the whole Web seems to agree. Dreaming about Baby's arrival? According to one website or another, I just might be in labor by morning. Hmm, and why is Khan being so quiet and attentive today? Maybe he knows something I don't. In short, every sign needs to be checked and double-checked. Otherwise, all I can do is wait, which, frankly, I feel I've been doing long enough already.
As I mentioned in my last post, my discomforts have been increasing this week. Braxton Hicks seem to be occurring more and more frequently (though, honestly, I still sometimes have difficulty telling the difference between contractions and Archie's flexing, which can feel to me a bit like abdominal tightening, too). Sleep is becoming increasingly elusive, as late night bathroom trips become increasingly frequent and the pressure under my ribs becomes decreasingly bearable. Of course, that also means that I'm more and more easily tired over the course of the day. Most days, just a few chores and trips to the grocery store can leave me reeling for a nap. A few mornings--especially those following a late night and marred by atypically plentiful disturbances--just waking up and eating breakfast are all it takes before I feel the need to curl back up in bed.
That said, I still can't complain too much. At this point, most of my desire to get this baby out is still simply a matter of wanting to finally meet the little person. We're so close. We know it's going to happen one of these days. Why can't it be sooner than later?
Well, for now I'm still playing the waiting game, so I think I'll go restock my energy supplies with a little yoghurt lunch. Hmm. Mild hunger. Could it be a sign that labor is around the corner? I had better Google it...
No comments:
Post a Comment