Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sunday Funday

A couple Sundays ago, through a combination of good planning and good luck, we finally made it to one of the city's many summer concerts, this one a performance by Cello Fury at the diversely entertaining Mellon Park.  Although we only got to stay half an hour (thanks to a combo of poor planning and bad luck, I suppose), we enjoyed pretty much every one of those too-quick thirty minutes.

For one thing, Jonah just loves music.  Like many small children, he can get into a dancing groove pretty easily.  But he's also unusually fascinated by sound in general (I think).  He gravitates rather enthusiastically toward noisy toys, for instance.  Not electronic toys, I should say, which seem to kind of freak him out, but toward more natural music-makers, like drums and pianos, tambourines and maracas.  Lately at home, when I want to calm him down or distract him, I've been playing some Chopin through the stereo. The sound mesmerizes him.  He seemed to enjoy listening to Cello Fury, too.


That said, there were lots of other distractions a the concert.  The dog on the neighboring picnic blanket, for instance:


And, of course, the fountain....


Needless to say, those pants did not stay dry for long.  Next time we'll know not to leave the house without his swim diaper...



No comments:

Post a Comment