Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oh, the places he'll go!

I'm a proud mama today:


Yup, Jonah's crawling! This video actually records what I'd crawl his first genuine crawl. (Before this, he had taken a single "step" or two on hands and knees, but he hadn't seemed to recognize that he could do that repeatedly in series and get even further.)

What you don't see in the video is the entire hour afterward in which Jonah revels in his new discovery. He crawls here! He crawls there! He crawls to a chair and pulls himself to a standing position. He sits back down and crawls to the futon mattress on the floor behind him. He crawls onto and across the mattress. He crawls back to the chair--which I've pushed against the mattress--crawls from the mattress up onto the chair, pulls himself up using the arms of the chair, then continues to cruise (standing up) from one arm to the back to the other arm of the chair. This boy has places to go, and now there's nothing to stop him!

I just hope I can survive it. I lose count of the number of times my heart drops while I'm watching my little Indiana Jonah explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment