Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Decor!

Bryan, Jonah, and I put up Christmas decorations this weekend.  Our home now feels warm with Christmas cheer:

Too thrifty to spend on garland, I made one myself
using some spare ornaments, ribbon, and a string.
A few pine cones and bows transform the dining room
chandelier.  In the background, a snowman we bought years
ago in an after-Xmas clearance sale smiles at us from
under a string of laundry-pin-hung Xmas cards.

Uh oh, that candy jar in the foreground looks a
lot emptier than it did when I filled it last week...

I made bows using just some wired
ribbon and cheap-o miniature ornaments.

I love this baker Santa nutcracker--one of the
few decorations on hand from holidays past.


In my quest to find inexpensive decoration ideas,
I learned that little adjustments to the decor you
already have can make a big, festive difference.  In
this example, I replaced the contents of picture frames
already hanging in the dining room with cheery holiday cards.

The buffet features yummy in-season oranges alongside
the last few of our decorations on hand from past
years.  As a finishing touch, the chalkboard
exclaims an Xmas greeting in red and green

Still no Christmas tree, but maybe next weekend.  In the meantime, holiday tunes are playing, the hot cocoa is ready, and many peaceful evenings by the fire with the family are in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment