Time just continues to fly by.
Over the past two and half weeks since Jonah came home with us--even through our bleary, unrested eyes (the hallmark of parenthood, which we duly wear)--we have already observed many ways in which Jonah is growing and changing. It's not lost on me that if we don't share soon, these days will pass us by too quickly and unmarked. So, here I am, feeling unusually rested after getting nearly a straight three hours of sleep last night, finally making time to blog.
The weeks so far have been busy ones. In addition to growing accustomed to our new sleep schedule, Bryan and I have been hosting a string of family visitors, eager to meet Jonah and graciously hopeful to lend a hand to his beleaguered parents. (I exaggerate, I should admit, when I use words like "beleaguered". We're tired but well-rewarded. Even so, we are very appreciative of all the help we've received.)
Here are a few tidbits of what we've been experiencing so far:
A few days after Jonah, Bryan, and I returned home from the hospital, we received a week-long visit from Jonah's Aunt Kate. Kate was a godsend, as far as I was concerned: completely on top of all the household jobs Bryan and I were letting fall by the wayside in favor of caring for Jonah. But Jonah seemed no less grateful to share time with his aunt. That wonderful lady has a gift with people of the still growing sort. Here's a picture of a wide-eyed Jonah listening intently to the loquacious Aunt Kate's sage advice. I swear, Aunt Kate's afternoon heart-to-hearts with Jonah made a noticeable difference in Mom and Dad's ability to get at least a little bit of sleep at night.
After about a week hanging out with Mom, Dad, and Aunt Kate, Jonah also made the acquaintance of his first set of grandparents. Papa and Nana drove in from out of town to extend their welcome to our special little man.
Entertaining visitors, however, is only one of Jonah's many talents. As his days in the world accumulate, he's showing off more and more skills of a variety of sorts. Jonah's already developed a fascination with books and reading. He can lift his head with the best of them. Although it'll be a while before he can flip himself over (from back to belly, for instance), he's a proficient turner from back to side. Like many babies, he enjoys checking himself out in his mirror and slapping at--almost grabbing--toys within his grasp.
| Jonah looks surprised when his play mat begins to move and make music. |
Most of Jonah's time, of course, is spent eating and sleeping. Sleeping and eating. And that means much of Mom and Dad's time, too, is spent feeding and sleeping. We try to catch naps with Jonah when we can, as we did here:
And here:
(Now how adorable are those pics?)
This week, though Aunt Kate, Papa, and Nana have all returned to their respective homes, Grammy and Grandpa from the other coast have traveled in to share time with their new grandson. Pictures and stories from this current visit are to come. In the meantime, I think it may be time (again) for a feeding. And then a nap. And then a feeding. And then a nap. And then...

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment