Thursday, May 31, 2012

NYC Trip

And we're back (after an unintentionally long hiatus)!

I've been meaning to post to the blog for a while, but time's been running away from me. Now well into the third trimester, I find myself needing more Z's than usual, and that means less time for pretty much everything else, including blogging. (Though I'll try to better about it in the upcoming weeks. I promise.)

Sleepiness aside, as our period of childless freedom draws to a close, Bryan and I are doing our best to make the most of our last couple months on our own. This past weekend, that effort included packing our bags and taking a long-anticipated trip to New York City--and, I must say, never before has an 8+ hour bus ride proven so worthwhile. We enjoyed a wonderful holiday visiting family and friends--dining on fabulous exotic foods (Do Hwa for some authentic Korean, El Cocotero for scrumptious Venezuelan, and, although not foreign, Bubby's offered some of the best pancakes I've ever had the pleasure of eating), brushing elbows (well, almost) with Topher Grace from our front row seats at an off-Broadway play, and trying on our art critics' hats at the cool and quirky MoMA PS1, among other things. Regrettably, we didn't take any pictures to share, but I guess when you're having so much fun, snapping those vacation shots gets to be low priority!

In baby news, this weekend we also had the honor of sharing our baby's kicks with their first third party. I'm so grateful to my very good friend Leslie for her enthusiastic interest in Archie's wild and weird belly antics! It was a really pleasure to see someone else marvel at this strange miracle, after spending so many months is wide-eyed disbelief ourselves.

Archie continues to perfect his/her acrobatics on a daily basis. It seems that lately we've moved on from simple kicks and jabs to dramatic flips and spins. As a result, the landscape of my stomach is ever-changing and almost always asymmetrical. Growth seems to be occurring much more rapidly now, too. Even Leslie noted that my stomach looked bigger after just three days of visiting (although our many delicious meals might have been partially at fault, as well)!

Less than ten weeks to go. Just unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment